Sunshine Sound Center is a nonprofit music label with a mission. We started in 2017 in San Diego, California. Our goal from the beginning was simple: to improve access to music, for artists and audiences in our community. To this end, we facilitate the following services:
- Instrument drives to provide instruments to children and underprivileged people in the community.
- Sunshine Sessions – opportunities for musicians from different genres of music to come together and create.
- Sunshine Sound – a music label focused on experimental music in Southern California.
- Promotion of local music.
- Events for musicians to meet and collaborate.
- Education on how to record and distribute music, through articles, videos, and classes.
As our organization grows, our future goals are to have a space for bands to practice, and also to provide grant money for musicians to create.
Our dream is to have a community of artists where everyone helps to improve the music scene. We all have something to offer, and if we work together, we can become a more creative, innovative, and united society.
To transform the lives of individuals throughout southern California by providing equitable access to music and music education, and to advance independent music and the community that surrounds it.
We believe that lifelong involvement in the arts is valuable and transformative.
We believe that artists and audiences are equally essential to the creation of music in our culture.
We believe that everyone should have access to music, including musical equipment, information, education, and recording opportunities.
We believe that improving distribution of music is beneficial for both the musician and the community.